As a licensed psychologist, I work with men and women experiencing major life change, painful surprises, major disappointments, or heavy frustrations. Therapy focuses specifically on the strength of an individual to build their personal legacy of change, ability and impact. In general, here are a few of the types of clients I see:
- men and women managing challenging life experiences or relationships
- twenty-somethings and beyond...
- mental-health professionals
- women dealing with infidelity
- clients looking to increase meaning, awareness, and purpose.
- clients interested in balancing spirituality with experiences of anxiety and depression
- entrepreneurs, attorneys, doctors (and sometimes their family members)
I am part of the Southwest Clinical and Forensics practice group.
TX License Number 36883
Current Projects: Online Book Club: BookSmacked
Please contact me about individual and couples therapy openings.
My Philosophy: A Legacy
Your legacy is what you leave behind in this world. I help people develop strong elements of a personal legacy and support changing parts of their legacies they want to explore and adjust, such as lifestyles of perfectionism, anger, fear, or secrecy.
In life, we develop a legacy and every day we have the chance to add to that legacy. We also have to deal with the legacies that have impacted our lives, our heritage.
- Are you the person you want to be?
- What has impacted your life, work, relationships and spirituality that influences the legacy you are leaving?
- Are you reaching the goals you have set for yourself to live engaged and fulfilled?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
Clinical Training and Certifications
PsyD - Clinical Psychology, Regent University, 2006
MA - Clinical Psychology, Regent University - 2004
MA - Community Counseling, Regent University - 2002
Negotiation and Mediation
Harvard Law School, Negotiation Institute (HNI) - Negotiation Workshop, June 2017
Family Law Mediation Training, 2015
Mediation Training, 2014
The Daring Way
Certified Daring Way Facilitator, 2014
The Gottman Institute
Treating Affairs and Trauma, May 2017
Couples and Addiction Recovery, May 2017
Counseling Adolescents: Adolescents and Technology
Counseling Adolescents: Adolescents and Divorce
I am licensed as a psychologist in Texas, Virginia and Colorado, and as a professional counselor in Texas and Virginia.